cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h747i-DISCO display issues

AFato.3
Associate II

I recently bought an stm32h747i-DISCO and tried to run 2 example projects the "JPEG_DecodingFromFLASH_DMA" and the "JPEG_MJPEG_VideoDecoding". Both of them run correctly on M7 processor, but it seems the display has an hardware problem because it turns on but just shows random noise. The first example is suppose to show an image saved in the FLASH memory, while for the second one I used an SD card and saved on it one of the .AVI example and called it video.avi as suggest on the readme.txt in the project. Both present the same problem with the display. Is this an hardware issue or I'missing something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @AFato.3 ,

Which STM32Cube_FW_H7 version are you using?

Could you please try with the latest STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.2  version and let me know if the issue is solved or not?

Please take a look at this post.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @AFato.3 ,

Which STM32Cube_FW_H7 version are you using?

Could you please try with the latest STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.2  version and let me know if the issue is solved or not?

Please take a look at this post.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AFato.3
Associate II

Hello Kaouthar,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I was using  STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0, now I added the .2 patch as suggest and the two examples seem to work properly.

Just one thing, I noticed in the MJPEG Video Decoding example that the dispaly flicker a bit during the playback of the video. Is this normal? At the end it states 25 fps and JPEG quality = 50. 

I attached a video that shows the mentioned behaviour. 

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @AFato.3 ,

Glad to know that the initial issue is solved. To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

-->I attached a video that shows the mentioned behaviour. 

I couldn't find the video.

Regarding the flickering behavior, could you please create a new post with description and make sure that the video is attached.

Thank you.

Kaouthar