cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747 LCD display issue

BTurc.2
Senior

When I flash some .bin the LCD doesen't work. It just display the a noise picture. With similar examples does work and with more advanced examples like the EmbeddedWizard it works too.

When does not work, every time display the same static image:

0693W00000aI7WEQA0.jpg

58 REPLIES 58
ACapo.1
Senior

p.s. The BSP example shows the issue.

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @ACapo.1​ 

I also tested BSP with LCD rev A03 and board D01

EDIT: LCD_DSI example tested with board RevD01 and RevD03

Could you please check the board revision (Under LCD)

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ACapo.1
Senior

D03 here​

0693W00000aIhCtQAK.jpg

ACapo.1
Senior

I tried the BSP example again after reattaching the display to see if it had magically been fixed but still same problem.

Could you please attach your elf or hex here and I will flash that.

ACapo.1
Senior

Hi,

DO3 here.

0693W00000aIhCtQAK.jpg

Board was from Mouser, there is also another guy having issues which may be related, also from mouser: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002ASl3lSAD/stm32h747-discovery-blank

Could you please attach your BSP example elf here and I will flash it so we can double check it isn't a software tool problem.

Colourful junk like this is more likely the memory behind the LTDC/DSI

The geometry, timing and DSI look to be working

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Would suggest attaching a known working .HEX file, would remove a lot of variables in identifying what's wrong.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ACapo.1
Senior

I don't know what is happening here but I have made posts that are not here now.

The board is RevD03, Sarra can you attach your working BSP example elf or hex and I will flash it.

Interestingly if you look at the image in the first post and the image I posted the screen looks vey similar, look at the vertical "lines".

Yes, I have the same board. The only difference that I see is in the sticker with the QR code. In mine is A225301364