cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0B1CET6 vs STM32G0B1CET6N

zoranr
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I am not sure what is the difference between GP and N version of the chip. What I can find in the datasheet is that N version has additional VDDIO2 and VSS pins. If that is the only difference, what changes do these pins bring?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is intended for USB/USBCPD applications where the USB side runs at different voltage than the rest of processor/interfaces.

Note, that in the both 32-pin packages the difference is more dramatic than just presence of VDDIO2 (and related absence of PC6/7) - this is in line with the same "GP"/"N" variant in 'G07x https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcu-products/difference-between-quot-gp-version-quot-vs-quot-pd-version-quot/td-p/183326

Note, that nature of VDDIO2 "ring" (IO supply domain) in 'G0 is not the same as VDDIO2/VDDUSB in some other STM32, as there is no isolation switch.

Also, RM0444 says, " Although VDDIO2 isindependent of VDD or VDDA , it must not be applied without valid VDD"; however, I can find no mention of this constraint in the 'G0B1 datasheet... ( @Imen.D , can this detail please be clarified? Thanks.)

JW

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This is intended for USB/USBCPD applications where the USB side runs at different voltage than the rest of processor/interfaces.

Note, that in the both 32-pin packages the difference is more dramatic than just presence of VDDIO2 (and related absence of PC6/7) - this is in line with the same "GP"/"N" variant in 'G07x https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcu-products/difference-between-quot-gp-version-quot-vs-quot-pd-version-quot/td-p/183326

Note, that nature of VDDIO2 "ring" (IO supply domain) in 'G0 is not the same as VDDIO2/VDDUSB in some other STM32, as there is no isolation switch.

Also, RM0444 says, " Although VDDIO2 isindependent of VDD or VDDA , it must not be applied without valid VDD"; however, I can find no mention of this constraint in the 'G0B1 datasheet... ( @Imen.D , can this detail please be clarified? Thanks.)

JW

zoranr
Associate II

Thanks for your reply. Based on your answer, I searched a bit more and found this:

zoranr_0-1689457451889.png

It seems that it is not only for USB, but also for different peripherals. It is convenient for environments with different bus voltages. In my case (LQFP-48), I have main voltage level of 3.3V. I can now set VDDIO2 to 1.8V and work directly with the modem without using a level shifter.