cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F765 Ethernet

lb2
Associate II

I'm trying to get Ethernet working with STM32F765VIH MCU and developing using Keil MicroVision and CubeMX 6.11.1

When setting up CubeMX I'm seeing warning message that RAM needs to point to 0x24000000 for ethernet to work.
I don't see an option for setting ETH RX Buffer Address like in previous versions of CubeMX. Has this been renamed or moved somewhere else.

7 REPLIES 7
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @lb2 and welcome to the community.

There is no RAM location at address 0x24000000 for STM32F7. I think you're using a project from STM32H7 (AXI-SRAM located at 0x24000000).

STM32F76xx (from AN4667) :

SofLit_0-1719307103004.png

STM32H74x/STM32H75x (from AN4891) :

SofLit_1-1719307245995.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
lb2
Associate II

It is a STM32F765VIH6 device on the board and I started this project from scratch. What I'm seeing is a warning.

Do I need to set something else for this warning to go away or should be ignored. PHY drivers have been selected in LwIP.

lb2_0-1719357648447.png

Try to ignore it.

Could you please attach your ioc file?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
lb2
Associate II

I have ignored it and generated the code. When I try to ping the IP address assigned to STM32 and step thru the code, in ethernetif_input() *p is always null.

lb2
Associate II

attaching ioc file

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello and thank you for the sharing.

To me the warning message is wrong as there is no RAM at the address 0x24000000 for F7 products (internal Ticket 185332)

Doing a search inn all the generated projet I didn't find any address pointing to 0x24xx xxxx. So, I think the warning is just a message.

Regarding "ethernetif_input() *p is always null." hope my colleague @STea  can help you. 

STea
ST Employee

Hello @lb2 ,

Can you please send your schematics to make sure that you are assigning the right pins as configured in MX.

could you please get the status of PHY after init and check the status of DMAs as well.
As a suggestion you can try to have the same Ethernetif.c file found in STM32CubeF7/Projects/STM32F767ZI-Nucleo/Applications/LwIP/LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7 (github.com).and adapt your pinout configuration to eliminate any software component related issue and start the elimination process form there. 

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.