cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411RET6 Malfunction

hizog
Associate

Hi! We Use STM32F411RET6 IC in our device. When the device is in the factory, STM32F411RET6 can burn the program and run normally. However, in a few weeks, approximately 40% of chips will experience abnormal operation. When erasing the chip, the following error is reported. May I ask what causes such a malfunction?

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @hizog ,

Welcome in our STCommunity ! Here are my suggestions based on the screenshot and details provided :

1) take one failing board and try to burn it using STM32CubeProgrammer available on web : this will let you know if flashing algorithms are working fine with your existing environment.  In fact this MCU has 8 sectors but the size is not equal, each sector should be erased separately.

IMG_8232.jpeg

 2) if step 1 is same , we may suspect device and hardware :

a)Check the VDD level and if inline with the programming parallelism , check all VDDx and VSSx 

b) VDDA and VCAP pin 30 with the right 4,7uF capacitor value.

c) 40% is huge on this lot and may a a physical defect , ESD, a marking picture is required and also an analysis for failure by contacting your distributor.

Hope it helps you .

STOne-32

Does the MCU run any code that writes to flash memory? Say using EEPROM emulation?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..