cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411CEU6 with VL53L8CX SWD ist not working

julion2
Associate II

Hey guys,

I set the SWD up for a project inculding a PCB with an F411CEU6 and an VL43L8CX. To test the pcb, I wana get the distance printed to the SWD console. I set up the SWD and with the main.c file it works fine, but with the vl53l8cx.c the printf statements don´t get printed...

Do you guys have an idea?

Best regards,

Julian

12 REPLIES 12

- The STM32F411 is on a costum PCB

- the VL53L8CX is directly soldered to the PCB

The LED from the PCB is blinking, and the programm is the first test with the new PCB, I was able to get some printf statements back from the chip -> Chip should work

Now i wanna try if the I2C Connection to the VL53L8CX is working, this is why I started this chat, because I hat problems with the debbuging / printf statements

This is the Pinnout of the StM32 chip:Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.53.21.png

Thanks for your patience!

RomainR.
ST Employee

Make sure you use the same voltage levels on the pins referenced to IOVDD.
According to datasheet DS14161, you must adapt the GPIO levels to 1.8V between the STM32F411 and the sensor. I hope your pcb includes a voltage level shifter?

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/vl53l8cx.pdf

I wish you all the best in your I2C communication trials, let us know if you need help.

Best regards,
Romain,

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Okay thanks, I missed that’s while designing the PCB. I will redesign it and than try it again. Thanks and a have great ne year!