cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F405 ULPI USB3343

maubla
Associate

Hello Guys,

I am new to STM and USB HS but have some experience with PICs and other AVRs. I've designed my own custom board (for a keyboard). So after I generated the USB HID code with STM32cube IDE, I successfully downloaded it to the STM, however, nothing happens. No USB device is detected by the host (PC).

Am I missing something? Do I have to program somehow the USB3343? Is there anything I have to add to my code to use ULPI?Is it the known bug with STM32f405 and USB3300? (clock configs should be good, same with layout, soldering etc..)

I haven't right now an osci acessible... However during debugging all the USB regs. seemed to be 0.

Anyone expereince with STM and ULPI?
Thank's!

2 REPLIES 2
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @maubla ,

Welcome in our STCommunity and pleased to help with our members .   I have a question, why using ULPI for High speed device ?   and not using our embedded PHY for full speed devices , HID Keyboard do not need High speed communication.   if possible to share your schematics or used board to help and assist at software code.

We provide built-in examples also ready to use when running our default Development Kits : Nucleo or Discovery kit.

Let us know.

STOne-32.

hello, thanks for your fast reply.

I am basically using HS ULPI with an external PHY for personal challenging reasons, & yes I know HS isnt required for HID Keyboard devices.

During debugging I saw today that the STM32 doesnt even start initializing the USB. An error already occurs during Clock Init: (external clock is a 16Mhz crystal)

Please let me know if you knowt anything.

Bild

if (HAL_RCC_OscConfig(&RCC_OscInitStruct) != HAL_OK)

{

Error_Handler();

}

Bild