cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 ETHERNET RECEIVE ISSUE WITH LARGE PACKET

MGOEL.1
Associate II

HI

I am using stm32f429 microcontroller for receiving 14000 byte packet continuously in TCP in Raw tcp.I am using LWIP 2.1.2 version for this .My packet gets received one or two times sometimes continuously receiving 14000 byte packet i have choosen underneath setting for lwip(out of 20 times one time it works flawlessly without fail)

• PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE:1460
  • TCP_WND: Four times the TCP_MSS would be:TCP_WND = 4 * 1460 = 5840 bytes
  • TCP_SND_BUF:   5840 
  • MEM_SIZE: MEM_SIZE = 20 * 1500 = 30000 bytes
  • PBUF_POOL_SIZE: PBUF_POOL_SIZE = 20
  • i have attached my project file as attachment for review
  • Kindly help to identify the potential issue why receive packets gets stopped in between My microcontroller doesn't hang
  • I have checked with wireshark also but it shows TCP_window full i have increased TCP_window to 28500 still same result
  • Kindly help on the same I am trying to figure it out for past several days almost stuck now
1 REPLY 1
STea
ST Employee

Hello @MGOEL.1 ,

just trying to reformulate your issue to make sure I get you right.
you have a software implementation of Lwip stack running on STM32F4 MCU and you are trying to receive 14000bytes (14kb) TCP packet but with your current configuration it is working inconsistently (sometimes working well meaning receiving all data and sometimes not). please confirm these statements if it is the case and elaborate more if not.

just have few other points to ask regarding your environment setup. how are you generating the 14000byte of data, which tool or script on your computer, on which OS, and how are you connecting your board and computer via Ethernet is it directly or over a switch or via a router ...
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.