cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32 with 8 uarts and a small footprint

Evan .1
Associate II

I'm searching for a stm32 with 8 uarts for io-link. But there is no way I can search for peripherals. So any suggestions, preferably in LQFP-48 or something similar small.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

0690X00000D9jDKQAZ.png

It's like three or four clicks away from ST's main page. How hard this can be to find?

You can also sort the product selector table by the UART/USART columns. A bit cumbersom that they are split, and there's no product selector table for the main STM32 page so you have to go to one of the three or four subpages, but that's hardly an obstacle.

I believe there's also something like this in CubeMX (I don't Cube) and there's also a standalone selector application I'm not going to search it for you.

JW

Ozone
Lead

I don't know every STM32 variant, but quite a lot.

But there is no one with 8 UARTs I know of. Maximum I came across is 6.

There seems no use case for ST worth to produce such an MCU as silicon.

But you can try ST's "MCU Finder": https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/st-mcu-finder.html

Evan .1
Associate II

Ok thanks. This seems the answer: STM32F091RCT7

> MCU Finder

Ah yes that's that selector application, thanks Ozone.

JW

@Ozone​ Noone needs a number of UARTs that can't work as synchronous USARTs, but rather a number of UARTs that can work asynchronously, and don't care about the extra sychronous (or low-power) capability.

I have no idea what the product designers of the ST product selector were smoking when they specified it that way. Looks like it can cause permanent brain damage, because it remained that way since a couple of years.

> I have no idea what the product designers of the ST product selector were smoking when they specified it that way. Looks like it can cause permanent brain damage, because it remained that way since a couple of years.

Since this is a direct user interface to potential customers, it is supposedly in the hands of marketing department ...

> in the hands of marketing department ...

Yeah, this explains a lot.