cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 board is not shown in Device Manager ( Not Detected by My PC)

skdr_007
Associate

I have connected my STM32U5 series board(B-U585I-IOT02A Discovery kit ) to my PC. Here I am not able to see my device under the "Device Manager" section & not even in the "My computer" section as a Memory space.

It is also not even shown as an Unknown device under the "Device Manager" section.

I have checked it using the CN1(Type C Port) & CN 8 STLK (Micro Type B) as well, but both didn't work. I have also made sure that the jumper is on the correct pins to provide the power source. Refer to below FYI :
5V UCPD - for Type C
5V_USB_STLK for Micro Type B

I have also tried checking with different cables to ensure that no problem with damaged cables. The cables work when used for other devices.

I have also checked with different USB ports on my laptop & with other laptops to ensure that there is no issue with ports. The ports work well when connected with other STM boards.

Note:
When connected with a Type C cable :
1) COM(LD3) blinks with red color.
2) PWR(LD5) shows stable green.
3) LD7 blinks with green
4) LD1 5V_USB with stable green

When connected with Micro Type B
All of the above LEDs function in the same way except (4) where there is no specific LED for this Port.

It is not being detected even on Cube Programmer through USB when put on DFU mode by clicking & releasing
of  RST & USER buttons.

When I tried to build & debug in STMCube IDE it says no ST link detected. 

Please help me find a solution to this problem. 

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @skdr_007 and welcome to the Community 🙂

Maybe your board is blocked with RDP level 2 which blocks any debug or System Bootloader access to STM32.

So, try to boot from RSS by applying a high level on BOOT0 pin. For that, I highly recommend you follow "TZEN/RDP regression with a boot from RSS" section in this AN5347 (Arm® TrustZone® features for STM32L5 and STM32U5 Series - Application note)

ImenD_0-1697024557696.png

I suggest that you take a look to the following resources which can help you to resolve your issue:

Please keep me updated about your progress.

Good luck!

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen