cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI DMA can access the flash memory?

MDeva.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on Nucleo-h745ziq board .I have to interface the six spi with DMA. Right now DMA access the SRAM memory. I want to access the DMA with FLASH it is possible to access the six spi with DMA and uses the Flash memory. How the performance of system ,it is good for accessing the SRAM memory for six SPI or flash memory. Which things is better flash or SRAM?Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3

For accessibility of different memories/other targets from different masters (including DMAs), see in RM Table 2. Bus-master-to-bus-slave interconnect.

I assume you are talking about DMA1 and DMA2 and not MDMA. As FLASH is on AXIM and DMA is on D2 AHB matrix, it's probably less efficient than to access SRAMS which are on the same AHB matrix (unless you want to use the AXI SRAM).

JW

i am interfacing the six spi and when i select the peripherals in cubemx they present in D2 domain. So SRAM 1,2,3 it easliy access by DMA. But if i want to access the six spis and i have use the Flash memory for that then what i have to do?Because in cubemx it shows the D2 domain for all 6spis.

Just place the data you want to transmit into a constant array in FLASH and use its address sr memory pointer in DMA.

JW