cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up CAN for a STM32F303VBTx

EmbeddedErik
Associate II

Hello! I am trying to set up CAN for a custom hardware, but right now I am just trying to get CAN running by itself on a STM32F3Discovery. I attached the full code below, but from what I can tell, it goes as far as sending the message out, but all i read from the bus are error frames. A Kvaser USBCan Light 2xHS is used as the other node. I have tried so the bus works by connecting hardware I know is properly set up, and the Kvaser is able to read it. All nodes are set up to a Baudrate of 250k bit/s. From searching for this problem, the error indicates that the Baudrate is wrong, but from what I can tell it should be 250K, so it makes no sense to me. Since a message tries to be sent out (since the error frame happens at the same time as we try to send a message, it seems the configuration for CAN peripherals is correct.

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EmbeddedErik
Associate II

It happened to be a hardware fault that causes my issues, not a software one! Case closed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
EmbeddedErik
Associate II

It happened to be a hardware fault that causes my issues, not a software one! Case closed.