cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running debug and keep ending at Default_handler with differ IRQ_Handlers

JBlackann
Associate III

Hello,

I have a project that STM32CubeIDE told me to upgrade the file so I did.  In the embedded software packages manager it shows, MCU Package STM32F4 Series 1.27.1.  I believe it told me I was using version 1.26.1 or 1.26.2.

After fixing the required changes the program builds and will run in debug but it only gets through a short amount of the program before ending up at the Default_Handler:

I am using a STM32F401CE

When I look at the Debug Thread, it shows an IRQ that I shouldn't have occurred. I am not using TIM4.

JBlackann_0-1688070475797.png

If I place an IRQ in my _it.c file, the code will run but then it will be a different IRQ_Handler. What is going on?

I placed a void TIM4_IRQHandler(void) in _it.c and now, I get another.  What is wrong?

JBlackann_1-1688070681950.png

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
gbm
Lead III

Answer: your code in led.c or NeoPixel.c is wrong. 😉 Some exception is generated and not handled.

TDK
Guru

You're probably in the default handler, which is an alias for all unused irq handlers. You can look at the VECTACTIVE bits to determine which interrupt it's in. That should give you enough information to fix what's going wrong.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".