cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTC wakeup interrupts

RCase
Associate II

I'm looking for an example code with STM32G071 device using RTC interrupt to wakeup device from sleep mode based on HAL libraries. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RCase ,

In Sleep mode: CPU clock off, all peripherals including Cortex®-M0+ core peripherals such as NVIC, SysTick, etc. can run and wake up the CPU when an interrupt or an event occurs. So, SysTick timer interrupt can wake-up the CPU. For more information, I advise you to take a look to RM0444  Section 4.3 Low-power modes.

Also, I think this discussion can help you.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RCase ,

I recommend you to get inspired from these examples to configure your own project:

PWR_SLEEP : This example explains how to enter the Sleep mode and wake up from this mode by using an interrupt.

- How to configure the RTC to wake up the STM32 periodically from Low Power modes: This FAQ descripts how to configure the RTC peripheral of the STM32 to wake up the STM32 periodically from a low power mode.

I hope this help you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

RCase
Associate II

Is it possible to wakeup microcontroller from sleep mode using SystTick interrupt instead of RTC so to use it as TimeBase Source for my application? Thank you 

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RCase ,

In Sleep mode: CPU clock off, all peripherals including Cortex®-M0+ core peripherals such as NVIC, SysTick, etc. can run and wake up the CPU when an interrupt or an event occurs. So, SysTick timer interrupt can wake-up the CPU. For more information, I advise you to take a look to RM0444  Section 4.3 Low-power modes.

Also, I think this discussion can help you.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar