cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question1: How to know the designated USARTx & UARTx for a particular STM32 line? Question 2: Is there any available document outlining the availability of USART or UARTx peripheral to a particular line?

Manojkumar Subramaniam
Associate II

I did check the reference manual, but it was not stated. I have also seen in an image the same core has different counts of UART. Hence I am a bit confused.

0693W000008wzQIQAY.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ozone
Lead

The pinouts and pin assignments are documented in the datasheet, along with electrical and timing data.

ST has always had this splitted documentation style, a datasheet, and a reference manual for a detailed description of the peripherals.

Other companies do it all-in-one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ozone
Lead

The pinouts and pin assignments are documented in the datasheet, along with electrical and timing data.

ST has always had this splitted documentation style, a datasheet, and a reference manual for a detailed description of the peripherals.

Other companies do it all-in-one.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Manojkumar Subramaniam​ ,

Product's datasheet is the reference for pins assignment as already highlighted by @Ozone​.

But there is also the tool STM32CubeMX which offers a rich easy-to-use graphical user interface allowing the configuration of:

• Pinout with automatic conflict resolution
  • Peripherals and middleware functional modes with dynamic validation of parameter constraints for Arm® Cortex®-M core
  • Clock tree with dynamic validation of the configuration
  • Power sequence with estimated consumption results

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I am about to compare the available number available of UART/USART of the same family. Look like currently, I'll have to open the datasheet of each interested MCU's datasheet to findout. No other tool to help out to compare among the family?