cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM on STM32U599

G_Anastasopoulos
Associate III

Dear All,

I am attempting to migrate a project from a STM32F74NGH MCU to a STM32U599NJH MCU.

In the F7 MCU I am applying the PWM on CH1 of TIM3 that corresponds to pin PB4.
On the new setup I need to apply the PWM to pin PC5, which corresponds to TIM1, CH4N.

I am a bit confused on what exactly does the N mean in CH4N. So far I have not been able to drive my device as expected using the PWM. If I set PC5 to output and set it properly then my external device is operating as expecting for a 100% dutycycle.

In my old project the Internal Clock was set to 200MHz and this is the configuration of timer 3:

G_Anastasopoulos_0-1722607604849.png

G_Anastasopoulos_1-1722607624978.png

Initing PWM is done like this:

HAL_TIM_PWM_Start(&htim3, TIM_CHANNEL_1);

Changing the dutycycle:

__HAL_TIM_SET_COMPARE(&htim3, TIM_CHANNEL_1, value);

where the value is between 0 and 100.

In my new project the clock is running at 160MHz.

My CubeMX configuration looks like this:

G_Anastasopoulos_2-1722608382008.png

G_Anastasopoulos_3-1722608787175.png

The rest for now remains the same except that I am using TIM1 and TIM_CHANNEL_4 for init an changing the dutycycle, but I do not see any response from the device.

Thank you very much for any ideas or assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

To start channel 4N, you use HAL_TIMEx_PWMN_Start.

Channel 4N is usually the reverse polarity of channel 4, but the details are more complicated.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

To start channel 4N, you use HAL_TIMEx_PWMN_Start.

Channel 4N is usually the reverse polarity of channel 4, but the details are more complicated.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".