cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H725 temperature sensors

mihail_dobrev
Visitor

Hello,

I am trying to measure Junction temperature of the STM32H725IG device.

ADC3 is configured as an errata say to have only temperature channel 17 and continuous measurement. 

Temperature I see seems to be between 60 and 80 degree Celsius.

I tried also to enable Digital temperature sensor, expecting that both sensors will measure Junction temperature, but difference between readings is too big - around 12 to 15 degree Celsius less from DTS than from ADC3.

Is this normal behavior and which sensor I shall use in order to obtain  the real junction temperature, as it is needed to calculate the device lifetime? 

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @mihail_dobrev and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Before using the temperature channel, did you calibrated the ADC3 to eliminate the offset error. If no, please refer to the page 1111 of the RM0468 and ensure to follow the calibration steps before any mesurement. For the DTS, calibration should be performed automatically before any mesurement except for the case of quick mesurement mode.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

if looking at ds and basic values :

DTS

AScha3_0-1722583498798.png

analog:

AScha3_1-1722583597064.png

So a "basic" error at about (-7 and + 5 ) = 12° difference is "ok" . According to your tests.

Because the analog sensor needs the ADC to get a value (and added possible error here  (need run calibrate on ADC first and set recommended sampling time -- i think you did)) i would prefer the DTS at temp more around ambient.

So just do a check : set the cpu to a very slow clock, to have very low heat /dissipation , and look, what temp its giving then; should be only some degrees above ambient (on the board).

But from ds big tolerance if temp is high , compared to ambient :

AScha3_4-1722584737568.png

The coefficient might be 30% off...so without a calibration this could be more "guessing" at 100° or more.

----

If clock at 25M , only 4...7mA , at 3v3 about 20mW or less dissipation:

AScha3_2-1722584142145.png

So you could prove , the readed value is close to the real/true temp at ambient temp.

But on the analog sensor you have the stored calibration value for 110° :

AScha3_3-1722584477161.png

So if you want to know the chip temp at high clock + dissipation, this should be the better (really tested on this chip) value, to check chip temperature at around this 110° .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".