cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of porting FreeRTOS to STM32H573I-DK by CubeMX

EyckHuang
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I have a STM32H573I-DK and try to port FreeRTOS without TrustZone to this board by CubeMX but suffered from a problem.

I installed the X-CUBE-FREERTOS, set TIM17 for HAL Tick and SysTick for FreeRTOS.

It will block (or crash?) in vStartFirstTask() after called vTaskStartScheduler().

I have no idea what happened...

Is there problem of my setting ?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

@EyckHuang wrote:

It will block (or crash?) in vStartFirstTask() after called vTaskStartScheduler().

Are you calling vStartFirstTask() and vTaskStartScheduler()?

You don't need to call them as they are already called by CMSIS V1 or V2.

I'm attaching a simple project with 4 tasks each one is toggling a LED on the disco board created with CubeMx using CMSIS V2.

See attachment.

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Elatewendy
Associate III

Hi,EyckHuang,

I don't have more details to analyze the problem, but I can provide some ideas. I have also encountered such problems. I created many new tasks, and when I started all of them, a hardware default occurred in vStartFirstTask(). I enabled each task one by one and blocked the others. Finally, I discovered the problematic task. Then gradually enable the functions in the task to locate the specific part of the exception.

Sometimes it's not an issue with the FreeRTOS, but rather a problem with a certain function, even though it hasn't been called.

SofLit
ST Employee

@EyckHuang wrote:

Are you calling vStartFirstTask() and vTaskStartScheduler()?

You don't need to call them as they are already called by CMSIS V1 or V2.

I'm attaching a simple project with 4 tasks each one is toggling a LED on the disco board created with CubeMx using CMSIS V2.

See attachment.

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi SofLit,

I deployed your example on my board, and it worked fine. Then I found what caused my board crash is printf. I used printf to print some logs to UART1.

But it needs to add link option -specs=nano.specs -specs=nosys.specs if compiled by GCC.

Thanks for your attachment.

Hi Elatewendy,

My problem has been solved and thanks for your shared.