cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting started with STM32H747I-DISCO

rakib2023
Associate III

I recently bought a brand new STM32H747I-DISCO board from mouser. Read up user manual and tried to use it for the first time. When I connect it to PC with USB cable, LD10 lights up red. Then LD8 lights up green and LD10 starts blinking red. STM32CubeProgrammer cant detect the board. The board doesn't show up anywhere on the PC. I checked that JP6 is set to STlk. If I understand correctly, LD8 turning on means the whole board is powered. But I don't think LD10 should be blinking. I have been looking for documentation on LD10 behavior but could not find any. Tried pressing B1 (Reset) and B2 (Wake UP). It still does not connect to PC. The board should have a preloaded program but nothing like that runs either. The display doesn't turn on.

Can I get a little help with this problem? Thank you very much for your time.

PS: For additional information, the display is MB1166 Rev.A

6 REPLIES 6
AScha.3
Chief II

-- blinking red is normal, if only power on USB - but no data line . ie connect with charger cable doing this. (or defective cable or plug.)

so try/use good USB2 data cable and you should see connection to PC.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @rakib2023 and welcome to the Community 🙂

Please have a look at this article: Unable-to-connect-to-STM32H7-devices.

Hope this helped you!

Have a nice day 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you. I tried with two data cables. Neither worked. I'll get new data cables to try with. But, if it's only power, shouldn't the preloaded program start?

Thank you. This is very insightful and I'll try them.

right. IF program on cpu, then it should start on power up. no matter, the st-link is connecting to pc or not.

but iirr there was a post, someone got "empty" cpu, no demo program . 

btw you connected the program - usb port CN2 , not on user port CN1 or CN14? just confirm.

and board is new , but never worked/connected to pc ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Board is completely new. I connected to CN2 with JP6 set to STlk. But it didn't connect to pc or show anything on the display.