cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-U575 board, what is the magical "OSV bit", mentioned in the guide only once??

Skfir
Senior

Hello again everyone, I have been still looking at the ADC1. The thing is, in the User Guide Bible page 1031, "Managing conversions using the DMA" section, there is a phrase, that says: "The DMA transfer requests are blocked until the software clears the OSV bit". Yet, searching for the "OSV" returns no additional results. Could please anyone let me know, what is this magical OSV bit? And why there is no description of it in the Guide?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Skfir​,

The "OSV bit " is a typo. It should be OVR bit (overrun).

0693W00000WJbcXQAT.pngThank you for pointing out this mistake.

I escalated this issue for correction within an Internal ticket number: 139843

(PS: This internal tracking number (139843) is only for reference and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Skfir​,

The "OSV bit " is a typo. It should be OVR bit (overrun).

0693W00000WJbcXQAT.pngThank you for pointing out this mistake.

I escalated this issue for correction within an Internal ticket number: 139843

(PS: This internal tracking number (139843) is only for reference and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for pointing it out! This is a typo in RM0456 section 29.4.27 and should be read as:

The DMA transfer requests are blocked until the software clears the OVR bit.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

@Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Skfir
Senior

Thank you good people!