cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H563ZI (STM32H563) Cannot Power with External Power Supply

Samboozled
Associate

Hi everyone,

I am trying to power my NUCLEO-H563ZI with an external power supply. I have tried everything in the documentation (jumper positions and pin connections) including a 3.3v input (3.3), a 5v input (E5V), and a 9v input (VIN). None of this works when powering the board. The board seems to receive power as LD5 powers on a solid green, however the code on the board does not ever execute. I currently have a test program on it blinking two of the on-board lights. The board works when it is connected by the STLINK USB-C connector. It does not run for any of the external power supply methods. I feel like I've tried everything and am not sure how to fix this (NRST pulls high so that is not the issue either, and the firmware is up to date). I am able to power my NUCLEO-H503RB with this power supply using the 3.3v pin. Trying the same thing with the H563 did not work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Melc_dB
ST Employee

Hello @Samboozled,

Please check the clock configuration. If the external (HSE) clock is selected, verify that it is present on PH0-OSC_IN and PH1-OSC_OUT pins.

 On MB1404 (NUCLEO-H563ZI) boards, HSE crystal is present but disconnected by default:

hse_mb1404.PNG

If that's your issue you can:

• Connect HSE by soldering SB3 and SB4 
  • Use internal oscillators: HSI or CSI

Hope that will help you,

best regards,

Melchior

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

to complete my answer: the user manual precise the default configuration :

hse_mb1404_user.PNG

 So the CUBEMX template project for the NUCLEO-H563ZI configures the clock source to HSE Bypass, which is provided by the ST-LINK.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.