cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does STM32H563ZIT6 has support for OTFDEC

shii
Associate II

I'm using NUCLEOH56ZI board which consists of STM32H563ZIT6 controller.

I'm checking, if there is any provision to encrypt the data/program on external FLASH.

in the stm32h563/573 reference manual ,i see OTFDEC is a feature provided for this purpose.

but when i see in the STM32CUBEIDE, i don't see any peripheral listed with name OTFDEC.

any body have idea about this.

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Correct. You will not be able to use OTFDEC in STM32H562 and STM32H563 as it is not available. In RM0481, section 37, OTFDEC is included because it is also the reference manual for the version with hardware encryption STM32H573.

The data sheet is always decisive for the usable peripheral blocks, the reference manual contains the detailed descriptions of several members of a family, which, however, do not all have to be included in each member.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Peter BENSCH Thanks for the clarification.

Is there any way,if we want to encrypt the external flash content in stm32h563? 

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Phew, fas is not a straightforward question. Of course you can encrypt anything you want - but that probably doesn't meet your requirements. Since OTFDEC cannot be realised with STM32H562 and STM32H563, you would have to do the decryption manually, which is certainly too time-consuming and slow. Why not switching to the STM32H573?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You can encrypt and encode any memory content you want.

You just have to own the process, and it's not going to occur transparently.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

>>Why not switching to the STM32H573?

Perhaps costs and export hurdles it erects..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..