cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F767ZI does not have able to shockproof or anti-vibration?

ManhPham
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I used Nucleo-F767ZI board for my vehicle robot. I just securely attach the board to the robot and then testing my robot move on different terrains.

After this test, I can not connect ST-Link (fail.txt file appeared) and my board did not operate anymore. 

I tried to press RESET button or upgrade ST-Link firmware, reconnect USB cable or even reset my computer but nothing worked.

I believe this board dead. 

My question: Does ST have documents on shock protection or anti-vibration standards for the Nucleo board?

Do I need to install an additional damping system for the board?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@ManhPham The STM32 itself are designed for industrial applications, but not the evaluation tools. If you need something rugged, you would have to develop your own suitable board.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

NUCLEO boards are evaluation tools that are released for rapid prototyping but not for end applications (see Terms of Use). However, since all documents (layout, schematics, etc.) of the NUCLEO boards are openly accessible, you are free to find a possible cause for the failure.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@ManhPham wrote:

I can not connect ST-Link (fail.txt file appeared) 

Give more details of the nature of this failure.

What is this "fail.txt"? Where did it "appear"? What did it contain?

Does the ST-Link show up in the PC's Device Manager (or equivalent)?

Take a look at this Knowledgebase article:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-solve-debugger-connection-issues/ta-p/49693

@ManhPham wrote:

Does ST have documents on shock protection or anti-vibration standards for the Nucleo board?

As @Peter BENSCH said, the Nucleo boards are for evaluation use - on a desk / in a lab - they are not "rugged"

can you share what ST products are designed for industrial application?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@ManhPham The STM32 itself are designed for industrial applications, but not the evaluation tools. If you need something rugged, you would have to develop your own suitable board.

Maybe this: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-stwinkt1b.html ?

But remember that, in general,  ST's products are components - for customers to design-in to their own products.

Things like Nucleo, Discovery, and DK boards are just tools to aid in evaluation & development.

If you're looking for ready-to-deploy products, you should be looking to 3rd-parties.

There are many 3rd-party robot controllers...

The NUCLEO, EVAL and DISCO boards have about zero consideration for industrial usage

The power and USB connectors aren't particularly robust, it's likely you shorted something out, or had excessive voltage from external connections.

Perhaps look at UAV FLIGHT CONTROLLER boards, and soldered / stress-relieved cable connectivity.

Look for third party boards targeting industrial and automotive applications, they are likely to be significantly more expensive.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Tesla DeLorean wrote:

The ... USB connectors aren't particularly robust.

Indeed - have had these fail even just on "desktop" use.

@ManhPham Did you have the USB plugged-in while your robot was running on the rough terrain? If so, quite likely that it's failed