cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEOF767ZI Ethernet LWIP problem

UserGabriele
Visitor

Hello,

I'm new to STM32CubeIDE so I need you not to go too hard with explanations :).

In these weeks I'm working on a project that uses ethernet based on the NUCLEO F767ZI board using the LWIP library.

After consulting the PDFs available on the F767ZI board page and following various videos on YouTube, I managed to get the project working.

For weeks it worked perfectly, I loaded various HTML / CSS and JS projects and everything worked fine.

Last night I tried to use FreeRTOS with my project, since I need to create an AJAX WebServer (I have to create a dashboard that loads data into various fields and tables) and I know that it is recommended to use an RTOS because of the multi-threading features (not only the MCU must run the web server but it must also request information from other devices via LoRa communication, so multi-threading could help a lot).

I should point out that before experimenting with RTOS I saved the working project (the one without RTOS) and created a new project so that I could go back if I encountered problems).

Unfortunately after several attempts not only I was unable to make the same project work with FreeRTOS, but I can no longer make the project work without RTOS, using the same project that had worked until yesterday.

The compiler does not report any errors, the project is loaded into the card but the ping from the shell returns the message "request expired" and furthermore if I search for the IP address that I assigned to it from the settings in the .ioc file (disabling the DHCP functionality and setting the IP address manually) the browser cannot find the page.

I can't understand why the old project that worked very well no longer works, perhaps some setting has been changed?

I hope someone of you can help me.

Best regards,

Gabriele.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UserGabriele
Visitor

OK guys, I've solved this problem.

I've created a new project and this time it's ok, the project is working fine without RTOS.

I think that the old one is broken in some way and I really don't know.

sorry for bothering you and creating this topic but I'm relly tired and I'm working on this from yesterday morning and now it's 02:38 AM of the next day.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
UserGabriele
Visitor

OK guys, I've solved this problem.

I've created a new project and this time it's ok, the project is working fine without RTOS.

I think that the old one is broken in some way and I really don't know.

sorry for bothering you and creating this topic but I'm relly tired and I'm working on this from yesterday morning and now it's 02:38 AM of the next day.