cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to debug the STM32L562E-DK

Gaurav552
Associate II

Hey im trying to blynk led on stm 32 l562e dk board i had attached the consol logs its not connecting to debuger i want to ask you is their any default jumper settings for this board or is their any specific debug settings required for this board . i had also attached photos of my jumper setting. additonally i had also attached my code. its a brand new board i just orderd .

Gaurav552_0-1724654324582.jpegGaurav552_1-1724654333758.jpeg

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 7.8.0

Copyright (c) 2024, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:

Persistent Mode : Disabled

Logging Level : 1

Listen Port Number : 61234

Status Refresh Delay : 15s

Verbose Mode : Disabled

SWD Debug : Enabled

InitWhile : Enabled

Waiting for debugger connection...

Debugger connected

Debugger connected

Regards,

Gaurav N.

12 REPLIES 12
Gaurav552
Associate II

I had some how fix that error now im facing this issue how can i solve it 

Gaurav552_0-1724666207117.png

TDK
Guru

Looks like the vector table might not be set correctly. Ensure SCB->VTOR points to the right place, typically the start of FLASH. The SFRs window can be used to view register values (Window -> Show View -> SFRs), or add them as expressions.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello @Gaurav552 ,

I didn't reproduce the issue with your shared firmware: I can connect and debug your application with STM32CubeIDE.

Are you able to connect to the board with STM32CubeProgrammer?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

no i cannot debug the application yet you can see my scb vector values in the below immage i had tryed creating multipal project also tried with blank project its not working i get the same error as i showed above.

Gaurav552_0-1725178397708.png

Gaurav552
Associate II

when i click on dissassimbly its gives me this output .

Gaurav552_1-1725178763742.png

@Gaurav552 wrote:

no i cannot debug the application yet you can see my scb vector values in the below immage i had tryed creating multipal project also tried with blank project its not working i get the same error as i showed above.

Gaurav552_0-1725178397708.png

But you succeeded to connect to the board as we can see VTOR_XX in the debugger, right?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes i can connect to board but the code is not running its shows wating for debuger even in blank project its happening.

Usually when you press debug button it should set brakepoint to main and start running after clicking on resume button its not happening it's getting stuck somewhere 

Did you modify option bytes? did you activate a security feature?