cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonsense in STM32L452E Reference Manual, RM0394 Rev 4 - 2018!!

https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/rm0394-stm32l41xxx42xxx43xxx44xxx45xxx46xxx-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Cross-references the wrong register, should be RCC_BDCR

RM0394 Reset and clock control (RCC)  Pg 247
6.2.6 LSE clock

External source (LSE bypass)
In this mode, an external clock source must be provided. It can have a frequency of up to 1 MHz. You select this mode by setting the LSEBYP and LSEON bits in the AHB1 peripheral clocks enable in Sleep and Stop modes register (RCC_AHB1SMENR). The external clock signal (square, sinus or triangle) with ~50 % duty cycle has to drive the OSC32_IN pin while the OSC32_OUT pin can be used as GPIO. See Figure 14.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Tesla DeLorean,

Thank you for reporting this. I will check it internally and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hi @Tesla DeLorean 

I've escalated this to the appropriate team for correction of RM0394 with internal ticket ID165919.

(PS: ID165919 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers)

thank you for your contribution.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.