cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No STLINK detected

jl.11
Associate

Hello, everytime i try to run code in cubeide i get the message stlink not detected.

I tried both on Linux and Windows and same problem appears.

When i plug in my Nucleo F401RE the LED's do start blinking so i guess it is not a MCU problem. I also tried all the fixes with stlink utility etc on Windows and it did not help.

While on Linux i ran dmesg -w and plugged/unplugged the board and did not get any message about usb connection so it got me thinking is it possible that USB cable is faulty however how does the LEDs blink ?

Also i tried running stlink server from terminal but that also did not help i get the message

"Error: recv returned 0. Remote side has closed gracefully. Good."

3 REPLIES 3

Things not loading device drivers, or seen by the computer..

Check the cables, charging cables are no good, they carry power and nothing else, make sure to use quality data cables.

Avoid Hubs or Docking Stations.

If the ST-LINK can be found by the computer, and STM32 Cube Programmer, then look at the configuration/settings in CubeIDE

If the Target MCU can't be found check connection jumpers (pair, can be removed if you use the external SWD output pin header), the STM32 is powered, check current measuring jumpers.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @jl.1​,

You can try connecting the board using STM32CubeProgrammer and/or erasing the flash and then try reconnecting it.

Regards,

Chahinez.

S.Ma
Principal

Not sure here... if this is a corporate PC with usb memory stick disabled by IT, then you need to reflash the STLink without mass storage... stlinkupdate utility.