cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My microcontroller getting shorted while powering up.

Bosss
Associate II

While powering up all of my Microcontrollers were getting shorted, checked the voltages of all the capacitors and the MCU has a dedicated power line . And checked the ripple and initial power up data,everything is fine only. But still the MCU getting shorted. Is it because of the batch of the purticular MCU (

STM32F405ZGT6W

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Bosss, to the community!

First of all, I would like to ask you to use a higher resolution when uploading the images so that you can still read something.

By the way, what do you mean by "getting shorted"? If it is original devices from ST and not fakes, I can assure you that all STM32s are fully tested and functional.

What type is used for Y1 (practically unreadable)?

BTW - what is the reason for

• the diode on MCU_JTAG, pin 1?
  • the pull-up of 100k at its anode?
  • another pull-up of 100k at MCU_NRST?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LCE
Principal

And that diode at pin PA9 (?) looks suspicious, if PA9 is configured as output with 0V.

And have you double-checked all the VCC / GND pins?

Y1: ECS-120-8-33-JGN-TR3

D31(RBS2MM40BTR)- Diode on the JTAG pin is for unidirectional action

• the pull-up of 100k at its anode? In order to make it default state as high

Bosss
Associate II

And that diode at pin PA9 ? (SS2P3-M3/84A)- It is to show that it is a unidirectional action

And have you double-checked all the VCC / GND pins? Yes double checked everything is fine only

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It certainly has nothing to do with your problem, but it is not necessary to provide NRST with a pull-up because there is one internally in the STM32 (see RM0090, section 6.1.2).

But it would be important to know what you mean by "getting shorted"?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No, none of the answers resolved my issue

Maybe you could actually answer Peter's question regarding what you mean by "getting shorted".