cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing section IRTIM in STM32U0 RM and more.

AA1
Senior III

1. According to datasheet, STM32U0 family have an IRTIM (Infrared interface). But this section is missing in RM0503. Also in SYSCFG_CFGR1 there is missing IR_MOD and IR_POL bits.

2. In RTC section Figure 297 it is missing RTC_OUT2 and RTC_REFIN pins. See same block for STM32G0 family.

3. In RM0503 section NVIC table 54, I think that PVD_PVM should be PVD / PVM. Also ADC_COMP should be ADC / COMP. WWDG should be WWDG / IWDG. TIM6_DAC / LPTIM1 should be TIM6 / DAC / LPTIM1.

4. Usually each section name ends with an abbreviated name in parenthesis. Ex: Low-power universal asynchronous receiver transmitter (LPUART). And this abbreviated name is also in bookmarks on the left size of each RM. But (LPUART) is not in bookmarks in several RM possible all from the beginning.

16 REPLIES 16
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @AA1 

Thank you so much for your contribution. I will report this internally for modifications on the next releases for the three first points. For the last point, can you give more explanation.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The blue text on the left should also end with (LPUART). I know this is insignificant and I just talked about this because I wrote this post due to other things.

LPUART.jpg

Hello @AA1 

This is included on the Rev 2 of the doc. Could you please check.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I saw this in Rev 2 from 2024-03-26 and I believe this is the last revision. And as I told, the same is in several other RMs.

I think you don't understand. The problem is only the section name in bookmarks and not the section in the doc. The section "34 Low-power universal asynchronous receiver transmitter (LPUART)" is in Rev. 2 of the doc. The section name in bookmarks is: "34 Low-power universal asynchronous receiver transmitter". And should be: "34 Low-power universal asynchronous receiver transmitter (LPUART)" to be like the others.

Thank you so much, i will report this too.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Hello

I found more. In STM32U0 RM part of AES section seems to be identical to STM32U5 family when I believe it should be identical to STM32G0 family. For example AES_ICR is mentioned several times in STM32U0 RM, but this register doesn't exist.

And a minor one. In STM32U0 RM NVIC section table 54, description PVD/PVM1/PVM2/PVM3 should be PVD/PVM1/PVM3/PVM4 because in PWR section 4.2.3 says: "Each of the three PVMx (x=1, 3, 4) ..."

Bests regards.

AA1
Senior III

Register AES_IER also doesn't exist. But possibly just need to replace AES_ICR and AES_IER by AES_CR.

Also in STM32U0 RM section "2.2.2 Memory map and register boundary addresses" it is missing I2C4 address.