cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Led staying red on STM32H747I-DISCO

TECO
Associate II

Hello, I am wondering why the led (LD10) stays red on the board after plugging in a micro USB cable to power it on (thus I assume that's the reason the screen stays black).
The USB cable is connected to the board (CN2 ST-LINK V3 port) and to a laptop on the other end. The JP6 jumper is on STIk on the back. See the attached pictures for details. Is there anything I did wrong ? Or should I launch something else to make the LED green?

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

LD10 being solid red is correct behavior. It indicates the USB has been connected and enumerated.

TDK_0-1720726476351.png

As for why the screen is black, must not be a program on the board that uses the screen. Has it ever worked? Was the chip erased? Can STM32CubeProgrammer connect, and if so, is the flash programmed?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TECO
Associate II

Thanks for your answer.
As for the screen, I did not do anything with the chip yet, just connected it with the USB cable. So the next step is to install different softwares to set it up?

You're asking how to develop programs for the board? STM32CubeIDE and/or TouchGFX.

Or if you have a precompiled program and just want to load it, you can use STM32CubeProgrammer.

The chip should come with software installed which uses the screen. You can use the steps I suggested earlier to see if there's a program on the board.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TECO
Associate II

Thanks for the answer!
I was able to download and run the tutti-frutti demo from https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um3008-stm32h7-dualcore-demo-game-user-guide-stmicroelectronics.pdf using STM32CubeProgrammer and running the program. Thanks as well for the other suggestion.
Another question : Now that the chip has the demo on it, when I boot it on, it always starts the tutti-frutti demo. How could I remove the demo from it? (maybe through STM32CubeProgrammer? cf. attached screenshot)

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@TECO Correct.

In the top right of your screenshot, you see two light blue buttons: Erase selected sectors and Full chip erase. Just click on the right one.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your answer Peter 🙂