cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jive... Community vs. forum?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III
Posted on January 18, 2018 at 11:40

Congratulations for fixing the forum! (knocking on a wood)

A confusing thing for newcomers like myself is that questions can be asked in the STM32 Forum and in the STM32 Community. The latter IMHO is confusing and should be disabled. People can post questions outside of the forum and wonder why there's no replies.  Or, when posting  question directly to the community there should be a prominent notice that the question isn't going to the forum.

Regards,

Pavel A.

25 REPLIES 25
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 10:42

Again, they don't 

STM32 Community --> STM32 Forum --> STM32 Evaluation Tools

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 10:52

It's hard to persuade the boss that he/she was wrong...

My attempt to cope with the mess:

JW

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 12:36

How, exactly?

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 14:31

In most forums you just flag the post and it goes into the moderators queue, this is the level of granularity Andrew and I are looking for.

Here I think there is a 'Report Abuse' type Action, or you can 'Share' the entire thread.

When working it was possible to grab the posts time tag from the thread view and provide a link to that, but the 'new look' Jive removed that functionality

What I'd like to see is an 'Action' in ALL views to 'Mark for Review'

Remember also that the moderator view of the forum doesn't mirror the view presented to regular users.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
181990CGIL6
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 14:43

Yes, there is a 'Report Abuse'; but none of the options  seems appropriate.

They are all about gross abuses like spam or offensive content - nothing that seems appropriate to, 'this content is fine; it's just in the wrong place'.

Clive One wrote:

When working it was possible to grab the posts time tag from the thread view and provide a link to that, but the 'new look' Jive removed that functionality

I find that still works; eg,

https://community.st.com/0D70X000006T0vbSAC

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 14:52

I think we're regressed to the 'old look' Jive as they try and fix the 'database' issues.

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 15:27

Ah well - that's progress for you ...

🙂

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 15:33

Using the 'Share' with a moderator, precising the reason in your message.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 15:42

Doesn't that mean that one has to pick a specific moderator? Or can one share with 'moderators' as a group?

Would be a lost simpler to just have it as an option on the 'Report' button - both for the reporter, and for the one(s) receiving the reports.