cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue With Discovery Kit Debugger

AFato.3
Associate II

Hi, I have a problem with my discovery kit stm32f072.

I usually use that board as a debugger for my personal embedded projects, so only the debugger part.

I recently tried for a moment to download my project to the discovery MCU and since then, when I try to use the debugger only for my personal projects (which are within a personal board) nothing works anymore. I am using IAR embedded workbench, when I try to download and debug, the IDE blocks without writing to my MCU's flash memory.

I think I have programmed a reserved region in the discovery board, or something similar, is there a method to restore everything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @AFato.3​, to the community!

If you remove the two jumpers from CN5, the debugger part of your DISCOVERY (STM32F103C8T6) is no longer connected to the target MCU (STM32F072RBT6), so you can use the debugger part to program other targets.

Even if you accidentally selected the STM32F072RBT6 as the target (which should only be possible with the CN5 jumpers plugged in), this does not change anything on the debugger itself, there are no reserved regions etc.

Normally you can upgrade/restore the debugger part of the DISCOVERY with the latest firmware, which also works if you already have this version programmed before:

Help > ST-Link Upgrade

Just Open in update mode and click Upgrade

Just let us know if it works and if not, how it manifests itself.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @AFato.3​, to the community!

If you remove the two jumpers from CN5, the debugger part of your DISCOVERY (STM32F103C8T6) is no longer connected to the target MCU (STM32F072RBT6), so you can use the debugger part to program other targets.

Even if you accidentally selected the STM32F072RBT6 as the target (which should only be possible with the CN5 jumpers plugged in), this does not change anything on the debugger itself, there are no reserved regions etc.

Normally you can upgrade/restore the debugger part of the DISCOVERY with the latest firmware, which also works if you already have this version programmed before:

Help > ST-Link Upgrade

Just Open in update mode and click Upgrade

Just let us know if it works and if not, how it manifests itself.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Did it answer your question?

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter