cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing SDRAM with STM32F745

NDicostanzo
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I want to use the MT46V64M8P-5B:J 64Mx8 SDRAM by Micron with a STM32F745IET6 microcontroller.

I'm configuring the peripheral on stm32IDE and it looks fine, the configurator automatically set PG8 as clock signal.

RAM1.PNG

 Still, the SDRAM requires differential clock source:

RAM2.PNG

Is there any way to configure another uC pin as complementary clock signal? It seems stm32CubeIDE won't let me configure my clock as differential.
Thank you very much in advanced.

Best regards

Nick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

No, there's no way to do this on the chip. You'll need external circuitry to make the signal differential, which will be hard without introducing signal delay. (Or choose another chip that doesn't require differential clock).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

No, there's no way to do this on the chip. You'll need external circuitry to make the signal differential, which will be hard without introducing signal delay. (Or choose another chip that doesn't require differential clock).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@TDK thank you very much.

Adding external circuitry wasn't an option for me since delay is a major concern. I'll just choose a different memory IC. Any suggestions?

Best regards

Nick

Not really. Looks like the TSSOP-66 requires a complementary clock signal while the TSSOP-54 only has a single input.

If you have no other restrictions, I'd go to digikey, sort by memory type, package, voltage level, and then choose the one Digikey has the most of.