cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICP/ICSP pin is located at which port number of STM32H753ZI MCU?

LPola
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

From the datasheet (this is for 'H743, look into datasheet of your mcu, it will be the same):0690X00000AQwq7QAD.png

JW

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Perhaps look at the data sheet?

The BOOT pins?

The boot loader is explained in App Note AP2606

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

What is ICP/ICSP?

JW

I think we're dealing with ATMega, Arduino terminology

ICP- In Circuit Programming

ICSP- In Circuit Serial Programming

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

In the AVR - or more precisely, the Atmel world, as it relates also to the serially-programable Atmel '51s (AT89S, AT89LP) - ISP was the term. I don't recall ever having heard ICP in this context. And, to me, ICSP invokes Microchip PICs, and should we go by analogy I'd then say the SWD pins are the in-circuit serial programming pins on the STM32.

(Quite strangely, AVRs thus Arduino has Microchip-relevant ties these days maybe that's the reason for the rename?)

JW

Piranha
Chief II

People, who are not able to search "STM32 debug pins" with Google and find out about SWD, will not be able to program such a complex chip as STM32H7. And it's so typical for Arduino level "developers" to think: "I'll buy the newest, trendy, most powerful chip, because it's not much more expensive and I need to do serious tasks - blink LEDs with delay, poll buttons and even poll for USART received data simultaneously!"

I referred the App Note AP2606, but i didn't get the information required. I would like to know, the pin details where exactly the ISP pin is located in STM32H753ZI MCU?

We still don't know what exactly do you mean by ISP.

STM32 can be programmed either using the debug interface - SWD or JTAG - or through bootloader. For former, review the Debug infrastructure chapter in Reference Manual (RM); for latter, refer to AN2606.

JW

In-System Programming (ISP) and In-Application Programming (IAP) via on-chip boot loader software. To set forcefully in to boot loading mode through hardware, where can i found this pin in pin details of STM32H753ZI MCU?

From the datasheet (this is for 'H743, look into datasheet of your mcu, it will be the same):0690X00000AQwq7QAD.png

JW