cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased the STM32U5’s B-U585I-IOT02A evaluation board and trying to bring up default demo of webserver. I get the IP address but when I am trying to connect and open webpage it is not opening. Can anyone help?

tCHAP.1
Associate II

8 REPLIES 8
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @tCHAP.1​ ,

In the Knowledge base, we have the following 2 articles:

1. Azure IoT Central B-U585I-IOT02A Secure Quick Connect
  2. Getting started with STM32U5 IoT discovery kit and AWS

You can refer to them, and then please let me know if they were helpful for you or not.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Amel

these are AWS and Azure examples but I want to try the default example that comes preloaded.

I am not able to open webpage..

my chrome version is latest 100.x

Mohamed Aymen HZAMI
ST Employee

Hello @tCHAP.1​ ,

I ran the example under this path:

STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.1.1\Projects\B-U585I-IOT02A\Demonstrations\IOT_HTTP_WebServer\STM32CubeIDE

I did the following:

• Open the project with CubeIDE
  • download the code to the target which is STM32U5 IOT board
  • Open a terminal with this set-up:
    • Baud rate : 115200
    • Stop bit : 1
    • Parity : none
  • Connect to the WiFi network listed in the terminal(as shown in the screenshot)
  • An IP address will be created for your device as shown in the screenshot
  • put the IP address in the web browser URL,then the web page will appear

0693W00000SuXIMQA3.pngAs a terminal I used Hercules

Mohamed Aymen

Guillaume K
ST Employee

what web browser are you using to connect to the board's web server ?

I used chrome latest version on a windows laptop as well as on iPhone tried with chrome and safari

I tried this and after trying all available guidance on web I had no luck. I do get IP address from board but browser doesn’t open anything

Mohamed Aymen HZAMI
ST Employee

Hello @tCHAP.1​,

You need to be connected at the same wifi from where the IOT board is connected to, otherwise you can't open the web page with the provided IP address.

Mohamed Aymen

Thanks for your reply. For sure my other device is also connected to same AP. In fact I can ping to the module. It’s just that webpage not opening. I’m surprised that no one else has faced this issue.