cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using the STM32F070P6, My requirement is small amount of data need to store in internal flash. Can i store the data even after the limitation of flash life cycle? if we cant, is there any better suggestions to over come this problem Thanks, Nikhil

NAdim.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gbm
Lead III

The keyword is "EEPROM emulation" - search for it. You may write it by yourself or use ST - supplied solution, there is an application note on this topic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gbm
Lead III

The keyword is "EEPROM emulation" - search for it. You may write it by yourself or use ST - supplied solution, there is an application note on this topic.

You don't really provide much context as to how much and how frequently this information will be changed/updated. How often the board/chip needs to reset or restart, etc.

NVRAM or BKPRAM related to the RTC would be preferable.

You can expand the life by journalling the data over an entire Flash sector/page before erasing, here you'd add updated values to the end of a list, and then retrieve the most recent upon reset/restart.

There is EEPROM Emulation, but it might help to understand the underlying methodology and function to decide if and how suitable that is.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you, it helped me to achieve my requirement.

Thank You, I tried eeprom emulation concept and it helps for my project.