cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsi_ck should be hsi_ker_ck in the reference manual (0481)

mete
Senior II

In RM 0481 (STM32H563/H573) Rev 1, on page 444, Figure 48. Clock tree, HSI RC 64 MHz output is written as HSI (hsi_ck), whereas LSI and HSI48 outputs are named as lsi_ker_ck and hsi48_ker_ck. Since there is also a HSIDIV, and it is documented correctly (on page 471, RCC_CR register fields) mentioning hsi_ker_ck, I believe on the Figure 48, hsi_ck should be renamed to hsi_ker_ck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello again  

As you can see in the page 455 of the RM0481, We have 2 different paths for the HSI output. One for the system clock which is the hsi_ck. And one for the peripheral kernel clock which is the hsi_ker_ck. 

Best reagrds.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @mete and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Thank you for your post. I'm checking this internally and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello again  

As you can see in the page 455 of the RM0481, We have 2 different paths for the HSI output. One for the system clock which is the hsi_ck. And one for the peripheral kernel clock which is the hsi_ker_ck. 

Best reagrds.

STTwo-32

Thanks, yes I realized both are used, so renaming the HSI output in the figure would be wrong. However, I still think it would be good to show this on the figure both for HSI and CSI. It is a bit confusing some (HSI48) outputs _ker some doesnt (HSI and CSI) but then _ker is used in other places (peripherals).

mete
Senior II

Just want to add that the reason for my question was mainly because I thought HSIDIV only works for hsi_ker_ck (I thought hsi_ck is the output before HSIDIV). I realized HSIDIV is active for both, so actually, I think, there is no way to get the HSI RC output before HSIDIV, so hsi_ck and hsi_ker_ck always have the same freq. I still think it would be a good idea to add HSIDIV to the clocktree (like other prescalers).