cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRTIM1 Starting the Master Timer or any other Timer with External Events

L2ndG
Associate

Hello,

In my project five high resolution timers should start on the SYNC signal. They go HIGH on the COMP1 value 32 until an External Event Signal comes and sets the output LOW. The counters reset and get triggered with the next SYNC Signal.

The sixth timer (or the Master Timer) must start with the External Event Signal.

It is essential that the timer starts with the EEV and not just be inverted on the output. It is necessary to later link the inactive state change of the first five timers to the compere registers of the sixth timer. In the end I can set five timers HIGH at once but set them LOW at different times and delays with respect to the EEV.

Is it possible to configure this in MX / IDE?

I'm using a NUCLEO-G474RE Board.

1 REPLY 1

Hello, 

Likely drawing signals will help to better understand your needs. Do you need that the sixth timer starts in free-running mode, without waiting for the same SYNC as others?

You can configure the External Event Signal as a reset source for the sixth Timer, which would be in single-shot mode, which leads to starting it with EV only. 

Other timers will have this EV as a source reset for their PWM, and SYNC to trigger their start.

Best regards.