cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How make external loader w25q256 for STM32H723zgt6?

mbagh.1
Senior

Hi How to make external OctoSPI loader for STM32H723zgt6 with octospi and w25q256

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can't spend hours debugging / fixing your project.

Based on my existing Winbond implementation https://github.com/cturvey/stm32extldr/blob/main/h7_w25q256/CLIVEONE-W25Q256_STM32H72X-PB2-PG6-PF8-PF9-PF7-PF6.stldr

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

The mechanics of the loaders are the same for QUAD and OCTO SPI. If you have a working BSP for your part on your board you should be able to migrate that into a loader. Getting the Erase and Write performing correctly in your BSP and an App you can debug will help speed the process.

mbagh.1
Senior

Thanks, but I don't know how to make it for stm32h723zgt6 and w25q256

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @mbagh.1 ;

The OCTOSPI provides a flexible hardware interface, that enables the support of multiple hardware configurations: Single-SPI (legacy SPI), Dual-SPI, Quad-SPI, Dual-quad-SPI and Octo-SPI.

The W25G25 is a serial flash memory with DUAL/QUAD SPI.

To configure this QUAD memory, I recommend you to refer to AN5050 table 6.

Also I think How to create an external QSPI loader MOOC can help you.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you, but can I use an external loader that I previously wrote for stm32h743iit6 and for Quad spi  for this micro?

If possible, give a project to generate the stldr by octospi

They are very similar, but the HAL / peripheral for the OCTOSPI is different, so you'll need to port to the new forms/structures for the commands, width, etc.

Unfortunately ST doesn't compensate or sponsor my work.

Hello @mbagh.1 ,

Thanks to STM32CubeProgrammer software description you can create a a new external memory loader. For that, please follow the steps shared in UM2237 and precisely 2.3.3 Developing customized loaders for external memory section.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I made this project with CUBEIDE, but it gives the error in the photo!

link file project ERROR.jpg

Suggest outputting at Verbose Level 3 to understand what STM32 Cube Programmer is attempting exactly.

Instrument you own loader so you can get diagnostics / telemetry out of a serial port whilst STM32 Cube Programmer is calling and interacting with it's interface routines.

Thank you, but I put the project file for download, I do everything and change it, I can't get an answer, I need the W25Q256.h and W25Q256.c files.