cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you set up the GPDMA to handle ADC4 4-channel conversions that are fed to a circular buffer?

JRobe.2
Associate III

I was able to get this working for the L5 with one large circular buffer and interleaved values from the ADC channels 1-4.

Given the improved DMA on the U5, I expect that the DMA will not have to generate an interleaved circular buffer of ADC channel results. Should the 2D feature be used?

Given the above, I would be happy to be able to produce the same interleaved CB such as I used on the STM32L5. It, at least, is working well.

I think this is a very common mode of operation for the ADC_DMA so please help us out.

Thanks for all your good work on this forum.

Scot R

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JRobe.2459on​ ,

I advise you to have a look at this AN5593 How to use the GPDMA for STM32U575/585 microcontrollers, this may helps you on your project settings.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
JRobe.2
Associate III

Thank you. I have read the document you refered to above. However, with regard to ADC and DMA linked list interaction I am still unclear as to how to set up the linked list in conjunction with an ADC4 that is scanning multiple channels ( and Oversampling). Any guidance in this regard would help.

By the way, the example code as generated by CubeMX does not include the statement to enable the DMA. It must be added after the project generation.

Just a heads up for those trying to use the ADC_DMA_Transfer example.