cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the registers' addresses of STM32L053R8

butterfly
Associate II

To Andrew, SofLi

Hy Andrew and SofLi. I well received your last informations posted this week-end. Therefore it was week-end.

I test a NUCLEO board without ST-link; my computer is a Mac-mini and the NUCLEO board offers capabilities to be separate in to part, the ST-link microcontroller and the targeted microcontroller, enabling to reduce power consumption on plant. Bootloader offer capability to read and write any address in address space; then I think the simply way to give you understable informations it's to give you an excell file with the list of my search. Hoping this is nice to you, I hope an answer.

Best regards.

Butterfly.

11 REPLIES 11

Hy SofLit,

Many thanks for this good ans were. I was also understanding the base address address of each peripheral is the base address of configuration registers.

After several tests the boo loader allows to read/write in fact application memory. And I have to deal with that.

Then in addition few tip & trick about the bootloader. Wen you use the Read Memory or the Write Memory commands, you must give the beginning address to read or write (bytes 3,4,5,6). In the documentation (AN 1355) you have to add a checksum, byte 7. The question is how to calculate the checksum? In documentation page 13 & 21: checksum: XOR( byte3, byte4, byte5, byte6) ; and what's that means ? The right answer is checksum = byte3 XOR byte4 XOR byte5 XOR byte6; or in natural C language checksum = byte3 ^ byte4 ^ byte5 ^ byte6.

Best regards,

butterfly

Hy Jan,

Thanks answering to me. SofLy gave me a file which is an answer, you provided me with an enlarged visibility.

Best regards.

butterfly.