cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have an stmf769 disco board with quad spi working fine, but I've had to change my setup for a custom board with the same processor.

WScot.1
Associate II

On the the disco board it is set up as follows:-

/**QUADSPI GPIO Configuration

PE2   ------> QUADSPI_BK1_IO2

PB6   ------> QUADSPI_BK1_NCS

PC10   ------> QUADSPI_BK1_IO1

PC9   ------> QUADSPI_BK1_IO0

PB2   ------> QUADSPI_CLK

PD13   ------> QUADSPI_BK1_IO3

On the custom board I've had to change PD13 to PA1 (AF9) for the IO3 line in HAL_QSPI_MspInit() but I can still see the data being sent on PD13? There was no data on PA1.

Thanks,

Will.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps use the debugger and double check the RCC, and GPIO pin configurations

Check you aren't pulling in some different code, or that it is linking the BSP, perhaps due to WEAK linkage.

Look at a listing file, see what codes actually bound.

Show the actual code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Perhaps use the debugger and double check the RCC, and GPIO pin configurations

Check you aren't pulling in some different code, or that it is linking the BSP, perhaps due to WEAK linkage.

Look at a listing file, see what codes actually bound.

Show the actual code.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @WScot.1​ ,

As guessed by Tesla: most probably you still use BSP drivers which are specific to ST discovery board with your custom board, then your GPIO configuration is overwritten by the one used in the BSP.

Try to get rid of these drivers in your application while using your own PCB.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

WScot.1
Associate II

Many thanks to both for your help. I'm still working on the issue and one thing that we've changed is instead of using the flash chip MX25L51245G in 8-pin configuration (8-WSON) we're using 16-pin package (16-PIN SOP). I though the shared reset#/SI03 might be an issue for the new memory chip so tried

configuring the quadspi in dual mode, but still have verification of external flash failing. I'm now wondering if we need to write our own external loader to accommodate the new memory chip?

Thanks Will.

You'd need a modified loader to account for the different pin usage, and program the memory via ST-LINK, etc.

I don't have a PA1 variant, but could likely fashion one

https://github.com/cturvey/stm32extldr/tree/main/f7_mx25l512g

WScot.1
Associate II

Great, thanks Tesla, I did work on one myself last week which I'm about to test, but I will try yours out too.

Thanks again, Will.

WScot.1
Associate II

Thanks for your help, I now have a working flash loader using PA1 for IO3.