Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me selecting the best microcontroller for my app

XR.1
Associate III

Hi!

I'm looking for a uC that:

• It is Cortex-M0 or M0+,
  • It isn't a Low Power device (L series) (no need to include Shottky diodes, and my app will be power hungry)
  • It has internal EEPROM,
  • 32 <= LQFP <= 64,
  • It has 20+ free pins,
  • and the most important thing: it must have a VBat pin. A CR2032 coin cell will keep the time and calendar.

You might wonder why I didn't use the STM32 mcu product selector chip selector. Of course I did; however, as far as I saw, a column that indicates whether the part has exposed the VBat pin or not doesn't exist.

There are myriad of parts to choose from, but it's imposible to review each one. Even worst (or better?), parts with less than 36 pins doesn't exposed the VBat pin.

For example, STM32G070 has the VBat pin exposed (LQFP >= 48), but it doesn't have eeprom.

In case such a thing doesn't exist, then I'm open to emulate the EEPROM with the mcu Flash, and the most dynamic data will be saved in the battery backedup RTC RAM. 

Did I overlook something in the product selector, or there exist another way to verify, in a systematic way, whether a number part has (and it's exposed) the VBat pin?

Thank you in advanced!

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, it is because I'd need to use some weird mix of hardware/software Shottky diodes, channel P FETs, and also sensing the principal VCC pin and generate interrupts on the Brown-out chip feature. A complete mess!

AN4718 explains better what I'm want to avoid.