cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS on STM32 Low power modes (tickless STOP modes) does not work!

EduardoC1502
Associate

Hi.

I'am develop an aplicaction on NUCLEO-L433RC-P board, we want to implement FreeRTOS with low power modes (tickless STOP modes) to to have the lowest possible energy consumption.

I followed all the steps in your YOUTUBE video: FreeRTOS on STM32 v2 - 21c Low power modes (tickless STOP modes) - LIVE lab.

But it does not work!

Do I have to do any additional steps or configuration to the shown in the video?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @EduardoC1502 ,

Here is a Knowledge Base Article on STM32U5 series to follow , I believe not so complex on STM32L4 series and should be similar with few ajustements on the system clocks and peripherals .

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-use-stm32u5-with-freertos-in-tickless-mode/ta-p/568431

Hope it helps you .

Ciao

STOne-32

Ans
Associate III

I followed the same tutorial as well and it doesn't show significant drop in current consumption on my stm32l496zg nucleo board. Were you able to implement it successfully?  and what modifications you did? 

I'm using this example on stm32l496zg and getting current ~250uA.  @STOne-32 Any idea what should I do other than what is mentioned in the article to lower the power consumption? 

Ans_0-1700649240895.png