cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F429ZI USB HID keyboard Input

Manas_Gupta
Associate

Hi,

I am facing a problem in implementing USB HID host input for keyboard.

I can get only 12-13 characters in my buffer after which the keyboard doesn't respond to any input as can be seen in snap attached.

source for keyboard handling is also attached 

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Bishwanath 

It seems working without issues on my end. 

FBL_0-1721828286292.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Manas_Gupta ,

Are you using NUCLEO-F429ZI board?

Could you please take a look at HID_Standalone example, may help you. This is a typical application on how to use the STM32F429ZI USB OTG Host peripheral to interact with an USB HID Device such as a Mouse or a Keyboard.

I hope this help you.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Manas_Gupta 

It seems the maximum packet size that the endpoint is capable of sending or receiving is not sufficient to handle your buffer size. Check your USBH_MAX_EP_PACKET_SIZE and USBH_MAX_DATA_BUFFER

Hi Team,

Apologies for the delayed response. I have been delegated the project from @Manas_Gupta ,I did try the solutions you suggested regarding USBH_MAX_EP_PACKET_SIZE and USBH_MAX_DATA_BUFFER, but unfortunately, they did not resolve the issue. The keyboard still cannot register more than 12 keys at a time.

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Bishwanath 

It seems working without issues on my end. 

FBL_0-1721828286292.png

Hello @FBL ,

Thank you for your ongoing support. I tested this with a new project and it's functioning correctly. There may be other factors affecting my main project that I'll investigate.

Best regards,
Bishwanath Kumar