cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eval board with multiple SPI and UART peripherals

Praneeth
Associate II

Hi, I am currently working on a Embedded software application which require multiple SPI, UART peripherals/ pinouts(Min 2). I have used SDP-K1 (MCU- STM32F469) Eval board for my previous project which is suitable for my current project as well except that I need multiple pinouts. Is there any Eval board/Development board suitable for my Use case. Please help me out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well most newer CM4 / CM7 designs would. At some point you're going to need to do your own due diligence, and weight all the factors / features that you need.

Perhaps you can look at the shield connector on the F469-DISCO, and if that offers enough pins routable to UART or SPI functionality.

If you need a purely pin escape exercise, without the SDRAM, LCD, perhaps look at the NUCLEO-F429 or F439

Also a host of break-out / minimal boards on the AliExpress / TaoBao kind of stores.

See WeAct, FANKE, etc

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

The Nucleo boards provide access to all the processor pins - so you can access as many SPIs & UARTs as the chip on the board makes available ...

Since STM32F469 Nucleo boards isn't available, which STM32 MCU with Nucleo board would be relatively similar or better compared to F469

List of available Nucleo boards here:

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32-nucleo-boards.html

I don't thing there are that many STM32s which don't have at leas 2 SPIs and 2 UARTs ?

I am just asking, which MCU has equivalent performance to that of F469

Well most newer CM4 / CM7 designs would. At some point you're going to need to do your own due diligence, and weight all the factors / features that you need.

Perhaps you can look at the shield connector on the F469-DISCO, and if that offers enough pins routable to UART or SPI functionality.

If you need a purely pin escape exercise, without the SDRAM, LCD, perhaps look at the NUCLEO-F429 or F439

Also a host of break-out / minimal boards on the AliExpress / TaoBao kind of stores.

See WeAct, FANKE, etc

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..