cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Target MCU stm32f401cd

yassir
Associate III

Salut la communauté,

J'ai créé une carte électronique permettant de visualiser l'état de la batterie d'un ULM. J'ai utilisé le microcontrôleur STM32F401CD, et j'avais initialement prévu d'utiliser uniquement l'horloge interne HSI du MCU, donc je n'ai pas ajouté d'horloge externe. En voulant programmer ma carte, j'ai remarqué que je parviens à effectuer une mise à jour sur mon STM32 Link/v2, mais je n'arrive pas à cibler mon MCU en SWD (qui est correctement alimenté en 3.3V, comme mesuré). Je voulais donc savoir si le problème pourrait venir du HSI.

Merci beaucoup.

44 REPLIES 44

I use STM32CubeProgrammer.

Try with ST-LINK updater tool (STSW-LINK007)

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It's done ! Now what can I do to solve the problem of target my MCU STM32401CD ? 

Check your HW by referring to the AN4488 / mainly Figure 14 & Figure 19. Check your connections, your wiring ...

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

For my HW, I have this, is it correct ? 

Capture d’écran 2024-04-29 150105.png

That's a very poor image - hard to read what the text says.

And it tells us nothing, as it doesn't show where those lines actually go!

It's best to include NRST on the programming/debug header - this can get you out of some "stuck" situations...

Sorry i'm fresh and new developer ! This is my schematic. These pin are connected to Pin header, in my PCB.

yassir_0-1714396461734.png 

yassir_1-1714396461929.png

What's going on here?

AndrewNeil_0-1714396758079.png

It looks like you've only connected pin 36 of the STM32 to pin 1 of the programming connector?

All of your VDD pins need to be connected together!

Again, as @SofLit has repeated a couple of times, you really need to study the AN4488 Application Note!

You should also look at the ST Dev Board schematics as examples ...

Sorry but i never hered something about the AN4488 and here a I see that it stuck me in my developement. I have to connect all VDD together but i also have toconnect all my GND together or not ?  

@yassir wrote:

Sorry but i never hered something about the AN4488 

The first thing when starting using a new chip should be to spend time studying the available documentation.

ST (like most other manufacturers) helpfully gather this all together into one place - called the "Product Page":

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f401cd.html

There you'll find the datasheet and all other supporting resources - including the Application Notes.

@yassir wrote:

i also have to connect all my GND together or not ?  

Yes.