cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone has already used the both SDMMC interfaces of the STM32U5 at the same time?

GBour.2
Associate

On a new product we plan to use an STM32U5 MCU to manage a Wireless (WiFi/BT) module and a micro SD card.

As the Wireless module has an SDIO interface we have to use the both SDMMC interfaces of the STM32U5.

Does anyone has already done this kind of stuff? Even on another STM32.

We plan to produce a prototype board and test it with the module and the micro SD card.

But, I'm afraid that there is some incompatibility between SDIO and SD protocol when they are used at the same time.

Or some unexpected limitation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
I.KHACHINE
ST Employee

Hello Mr,

STM32U5 MCU embeds 2 SDMMC instances, totally independent. So you can use one instance for mico SD memory, and the second for a wireless module.

Best Regards,

Ismail

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
I.KHACHINE
ST Employee

Hello Mr,

STM32U5 MCU embeds 2 SDMMC instances, totally independent. So you can use one instance for mico SD memory, and the second for a wireless module.

Best Regards,

Ismail

I had both cards working on the STM32F779I-EVAL. There are two SDMMC peripheral blocks, they are independent.

Biggest challenge for you would be writing drivers for the wireless module, and reworking the SDMMC stack to accommodate it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
GBour.2
Associate

OK, thank you very much.

I am reassured.

I'll update the thread when our product works.