cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized PCB with STM32F7 series uController can not be seen by any STM programs(ie. STM32Cube programmer, STMCube IDE, St utility ...)

risingEdge
Associate II

After changing some properties, those are:

-"BOR_LEV" set up 1 (BOR Level 2 VBOR2 brownout threshold level 2)

-"RDP" set up CC (level 2 chip protection)

from "Option Bytes" segmentation in STM Cube Programmer(It was unintentional case and before this fault, I have no problem in coding my MCU), the MCU(STM32F7xx) can not be seen any STM program anymore. If I should give some information about schematic design,

-BOOT0 is pulled down

-nRST is pulled up and goes directly programmer GND pin

-PDR_ON is pull-up.

Now, actually I dont know anything about RDP & BOR_LEV of option bytes. How can be turned back the situation for me? Do you have any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
11 REPLIES 11
risingEdge
Associate II

I forgot to say that

when there is no problem, the old properties are like this

Read Out Protection:

RDP         : 0xAA (Level 0, no protection)

BOR Level:

BOR_LEV     : 0x0 (BOR Level 0)

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> "RDP" set up CC (level 2 chip protection)

Yep, this.

> Now, actually I dont know anything about RDP & BOR_LEV of option bytes

Now you know something about the RDP ; )

Piranha
Chief II

> How can be turned back the situation for me?

RDP level 2 is a one way ticket. Now you've got a good lesson of why one has to read the documentation, not just click the broken bloatware generator.

>>Do you have any advice?

Replace the chip and start over

Tread more carefully

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
risingEdge
Associate II

Thanks for quick reply and advise. I change my chip and go on my project. Actually, I try to create an external flash bootloader to my customized PCB. During this, I try to create my own .stldr (from copy and change the extension of .elf that created by STMCube Ide with proper configuration). Custom PCB has STM32F769NI as MCU and MX25L512G45 as external flash memory. And my goal is that some configuration data must be loaded to external flash via STMCubeProgrammer. But STMCubeProgrammer can not see external flash of the custom PCB if there is no specified bootloader for custom PCB. I believe that I apply all steps in this video but STMCubeProgrammer can see the external memory but could not erase or write anything (when I try to load my hex file). All in all, my actual problem brings to me this issue and still I could not solve my problem.

video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqCq0xtQmbI

Specify the pins the QSPI uses​ an External Loader might exist for your combination.

risingEdge
Associate II

I hope there is a customized loader .stdlr file such that fits my design :D. Here is my quadspi interface pins configurations:

QUADSPI_CLK --> PB2

QUADSPI_BK1_NCS--> PB6

QUADSPI_BK1_IO0 --> PF8

QUADSPI_BK1_IO1 -->PF9

QUADSPI_BK1_IO2 -->PE2

QUADSPI_BK1_IO3 -->PD13

And, my external flash is MX25L512G45.

Got something close, will check when I get up tomorrow. ​