cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized PCB with STM32F7 series uController can not be seen by any STM programs(ie. STM32Cube programmer, STMCube IDE, St utility ...)

risingEdge
Associate II

After changing some properties, those are:

-"BOR_LEV" set up 1 (BOR Level 2 VBOR2 brownout threshold level 2)

-"RDP" set up CC (level 2 chip protection)

from "Option Bytes" segmentation in STM Cube Programmer(It was unintentional case and before this fault, I have no problem in coding my MCU), the MCU(STM32F7xx) can not be seen any STM program anymore. If I should give some information about schematic design,

-BOOT0 is pulled down

-nRST is pulled up and goes directly programmer GND pin

-PDR_ON is pull-up.

Now, actually I dont know anything about RDP & BOR_LEV of option bytes. How can be turned back the situation for me? Do you have any advice?

11 REPLIES 11
risingEdge
Associate II

Hello again

It worked :D Thanks a lot. But, why I couldnt make my own loader within success. what would be possible reasons for unsuccess? As I understand that during creating external flash loader, those are my own notes:

-the clock configuration (RCC) is not mandatory

-the flash loader properties are important(ie. mx25l512g45 for this example)

-only quadspi pins running would be enough( I mean it is enough that QUADSPI is only get up with adjusting parameters and pins configuration)

-the specific "mass erase, Init, Write, Sector Erase" functions must be created

Can you share source code of it with me or any documents/background info etc... 🙂

There are many paths to failure, and the software / hardware is unforgiving.

For general utility I don't use the HSE clocks as these tend to vary from board design to board design.

The size and command set are important. Macronix parts are subtly different to Micron, and Winbond. They default into 24-bit addressing (16MB), and you typically have to configure them into 32-bit (4-byte) addressing and Quad pin modes.

For running code, you just need to bring up the device, and configure memory mapping, but the loader must support writing and erasing, and that can't occur concurrently with memory mapped operation.

I work for other people, and code commercially.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..